Sunday, November 15, 2009

No Snow in Tucson


At least, there better not be while I'm there taking this 3 day weekend workshop with Kate McKinnon. I don't know if I'll have a chance to blog while I'm here, so I have written several blog postings in advance and scheduled them to post themselves while I'm away. It's a very handy system but I do want to be frank about it and not try to fool you and pretend that I'm writing this from Arizona. If I had a laptop and took it with me, I could but I don't, so I can't.

So for today, while I am enjoying what I hope will be very warm and sunny desert temperatures, I thought I'd share a picture of this snowy, evening painting that I saw last week at Sherway Gardens shopping centre. Unfortunately, I don't know the artist's name but I was absolutely blown away by the look of this painting, the way the light is shining out behind the trees. It's not the best picture, as I took it through the window of the store at the mall and it was dark out, so there is some reflected light on the glass (although I did wait until the headlights of the car driving past had gone!).

I hope you can see it, because it really is a beautiful painting. Up close, it doesn't look like much, because you have to be standing far enough back to get the proper perspective but imagine how clever the artist must be to have captured that?!

No comments: