Sunday, November 29, 2009

Beadwork - Dec 09/Jan 10 Issue



Just a quick post as I continue to celebrate my birthday this weekend...

Have you picked up your copy of the latest issue of Beadwork magazine yet? It's twice as good as a regular issue because (1) it features Kate McKinnon's "Modern Art Cuff" (a.k.a. the Groovy Cuff, apparently the magazine wanted to go with a different name) on page 68 (I've got the kit, just haven't worked it up yet - I don't have much experience with right angle weave yet but I've seen this cuff in person and I love it! The sequins are totally fabulous.); (2) Marcia DeCoster's "Diamonds Are Forever" bracelet is on the cover, with directions starting on page 48.

I have been fortunate to take classes from both these women and enjoyed them so much. They are each talented bead artists and lovely personalities. In fact, they're working together next weekend and if you happen to be in the San Diego area, you might want to stop by, as there are still spots available. Go to Kate's website to sign up if you are interested (click on the link on the right hand column of this blog).

(photos shamelessly copied with thanks from Interweave's website: http://www.interweave.com/bead/beadwork_magazine/)

No comments: