Sunday, June 25, 2017

Trip Report - Day 3 - Fort Bragg (Continued)

Further to Friday's post, I just had to share a few more photos of the Glass Beach at Fort Bragg, CA.
Here's where it is located on the map, in case you want to plan your own visit.
It is quite a beautiful spot.
As you walk toward the water, there is a sign identifying various elements of nature you might find in the area, including osprey.
I was thrilled to see this osprey hunting nearby. He would hover in the air in one spot for several minutes at a time, looking for prey, no doubt. I don't think he found any, as he never actually dove down towards the ground, but I really enjoyed watching him in the sky.
The coastline is quite rocky, not at all what I am used to seeing at a "beach".

But it has a rugged beauty that is quite appealing to me all the same.

It was a grey and rainy morning but there was still a bit of a view, looking rather mysterious in the early morning fog and mist, far off in the distance.


Day 83/100 - #100dayproject



No comments: