Monday, November 30, 2015

The End of NaNoJouMo 2015

I can't believe it is the end of November already!! It seems the month has just flown by!  I am pleased to report that I was able to keep up with the daily challenge presented by Dawn Sokol for NaNoJouMo (National November Journaling Month).  I have, however, fallen behind on posting my daily pages, only because I'm still working on completing some of them.  But I can catch you up on a few more days right now and the rest will follow soon (almost done, having too much fun to rush it!)

Day 20 - the prompt was "trees". I had these die cuts that my friend Dianne had made for me last year. I had been saving them to use on a Xmas card but I liked them too much. It suddenly occurred to me that I could use them on a journal page and then I wouldn't have to give them away! :)
Day 21 - Dawn posted a picture of the Statue of Liberty with the title "Lady Liberty".  I decided to sketch her on my journal page.
Day 22 - the prompt was a picture of a crown. I found a quote I liked and a picture from a magazine and this was the result.
Day 23 - the prompt was "groups of 4". One of the first groups I thought of was the suits in a deck of playing cards. I remembered I had a set of gambling stamps that I had never used so decided to take them out for a spin!  Also, my mother had given me a small incomplete deck that was the perfect size!
Day 24 - click here to see the prompt for this day, which is hard to describe.  This is an example of one of the pages that I haven't finished yet but I did paint the background that day.  I really love how it turned out. Just not sure where to go next. I need to find an image to put on it to give me some direction for the next steps.
Days 25 to 30 will be posted shortly, stay tuned!

Once again, many thanks to Dawn for putting together this challenge and for sharing the prompts.  It was a great project, and I'm thrilled with my November journal!


P.S.  You may have also noticed that I also met my goal of blogging each day for the entire month. It has been a while since I did that.  Some days were harder than others but I powered through and I feel good about it.  Thanks for reading along.  (Maybe next year I'll take part in NaNoWriMo - writing every day for the month of November with the goal of finishing a 175 page novel by the end of it?!)

No comments: