Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hallowe'en 2015

I hope you had a Happy Hallowe'en. I had planned to spend the weekend at home (probably in my pyjamas for most of it!) and instead, I was invited to my cousin's house last night to celebrate the occasion with them.  She had done a great job decorating their home, both inside and out on the front porch.  Lots of scary items on display.  The bloody knives hanging above the door didn't bother me but the big, hairy, fake spiders? Gross!
Of course, being invited out to take part in the Hallowe'en festivities involved pulling together a last minute costume. Luckily, I have this fantastic hat that I used two years ago when I dressed up as a catarina while celebrating the Day of the Dead in Mexico - here's a photo from back then:
All I needed was a black outfit to go with it which was easy to do.  Since I didn't have any costume makeup on hand and wasn't about to go out to join the last minute, panicked hordes at the mall to get some, I decided I would be a not-yet-dead catarina and not worry about painting my face. I did find a black wig in my box of Hallowe'en goodies so I put that on as well.  Here's a picture of my sister (an emoji/emoticon), my aunt (a gypsy) and myself.
It was a lot of fun to get dressed up and lucky for me, my two young cousins who went out trick-or-treating very kindly shared some of their loot with us adults who had stayed indoors.  A great evening was had by all!

No comments: