Wednesday, April 2, 2014

File Folder For Florida

How that for alliteration?! By the time you read this, I'll be winging my way to Florida for a little bit of time in the sun.  I am so ready for a vacation, especially one that involves warm weather.

Whenever I'm planning a trip, I like to keep a file folder of the various bits and pieces that collect - flight reservations, printouts of maps and excursion info, like museum hours, flea market details, that sort of thing.

This trip to Florida was no exception. This time, I used the decorating techniques taught by Roben-Marie Smith in this tutorial.  Here are some photos of my finished folder, which was decorated with paper from the inside of various security envelopes (black and white ones this time around but they come in so many colours - blue, green, even purple!), white paint, hand-drawn flowers cut out from a painted dictionary page, stencils and Distress Inks.
Front
Back
I glued a security envelope window over stick-on lettering to protect the file name.

Just a little bit of decoration on the inside of the file:

It was a lot of fun to decorate this file, I'm sure I'll be making more in the future. Many thanks for Roben-Marie for the inspiration and lesson!

No comments: