Saturday, March 1, 2014

Bizzy B 2nd Hand Sale

Today was Bizzy B's annual second hand sale.  In the weeks leading up to the sale, customers bring in craft items from home that they'd like to sell, having priced them using labels included in vendor kits provided by the store, and on the day of the sale, everyone's items are displayed in the store for purchase.  Here's a picture from first thing this morning of people going through the goodies spread out on one of several tables placed throughout the store:
Eager shoppers hunting for bargains
At the end of the sale, vendors receive a store credit for any of their items that were bought during the day.  I submitted a number of items for sale (vintage lace, photo albums, some rubber stamps and other crafting supplies I was never using) but I also attended the sale to pick up a few items for myself.  It's a bit like going to the thrift store - you never know what you might find but when you do find something you like, it's usually at a good price.
What I bought
I bought some magazines (always a great deal at 25 and 50 cents a piece, originally sold for $14.99 when they first came out a year or two ago), some rubber stamps, a book about how to bind handmade books, 2 books full of copyright-free images to use in collages, a couple of punches (a heart and a star) and a small craft mat.  I even got a package of cat themed scrapbook paper which I think will be perfect for a book I've been planning to put together using photos of the cats I fostered, as a reminder of all the kittens and their moms that stayed with me in the past few years in between being rescued and adopted into loving homes. Can't wait to get using my new supplies!

Many thanks to the owners and staff of Bizzy B for putting together this sale. It's a lot of work for them to organize and a lot of fun for those of us who attend, much appreciated!
Manager Rebecca and owner Barb
during a quiet moment (the lull before the storm!)



No comments: