Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Toronto to Washington

I'm headed to Washington, D.C. today.

Photo courtesy of gambling911.com (no, I didn't make that up!)
This is my first trip to "the most powerful place on Earth", as D.C is described by my edition of the Rough Guide.  I have always wanted to go to Washington, see the monuments, visit the Smithsonian, hang out with Michelle and Barack and the girls but I don't expect to have much time to explore the city this trip.  But I'm not too worried, as I will be returning there in about 6 weeks time for a longer stay and hope to see some of the touristy stuff then.  Plus I don't expect the cherry blossoms will be in bloom just yet and I'm told that is certainly something to see!

This time, I'm going to take 3 days of metalsmithing classes with my dear friend Heather and none other than Stephanie Lee, author of Semiprecious Salvage - Creating Found Art Jewelry

The workshops have been organized by ArtBLISS Workshops.  I believe this is their 2nd event, the first one was held last year.

Stay tuned for tales of our adventures...

No comments: