Saturday, March 12, 2011

Junk Drawer Metalsmithing

Today's class with Stephanie Lee is called "Junk Drawer Metalsmithing Technique Project". 

Here's how Stephanie describes the class on the ArtBLISS website:

"Junk Drawer Metalsmithing – the popular original class – is cram-packed with various creative metalsmithing techniques. I have taken specific techniques demonstrated in that workshop and have expanded them in depth for this Junk Drawer Metalsmithing Project class. Join me for the day as we set out on a treasure hunting expedition of epic proportions! With just a few basic tools strapped to our belts, we’ll don our expedition gear as we set out to bend, hammer, form, solder and explore various techniques in working with metal to unearth a three-part piece of jewelry that can be worn as a necklace with interchangeable pendants, as a triple-wrapped bracelet, or separated as a necklace and a bracelet.

I will share with you my favorite tricks to create mica covered box pendants, found objects bezel pendants, not-your-momma’s-wire wrapped pendants, link and chain making techniques, and more. We will incorporate the found treasures from your digs to showcase their inherent beauty or transform them from plain to museum-worthy."

Photo by Stephanie Lee, via the ArtBLISS website
I am really looking forward to this class, as I've got all sorts of bits and pieces at home that I have been collecting to do "something" with.  I am hoping to get a few ideas about what that something might be from this class!

No comments: