Thursday, March 24, 2011

So Long Liz

Elizabeth Taylor passed away yesterday.  I have only seen one or two of her movies (I know I've seen Father of the Bride with Spencer Tracy and I probably saw National Velvet but I haven't seen any of her more iconic roles, such as those she played in Butterfield 8 and Who's Afraid of Virgina Wolfe, for each of which she won a best actress Oscar, or the infamous Cleopatra).  When I think of her, I tend to think of the Liz Taylor of the 80's and 90's, random, slightly bizarre things like all her famous marriages and divorces, her humanitarian work for the AIDS cause, her seemingly odd friendship with Michael Jackson, the diamonds and perfumes.  But mostly I would think, my God, she was so stunningly beautiful once upon a time, wasn't she?

No comments: