Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Geese Are Back!

You may have read my posts in previous years about the pair of Canada geese that return each year to nest in the area of my office.  You can read about it here.

I first noticed they were back around March 22nd but didn't get a photo of them until yesterday.  They were walking towards me as I was walking to my car, so I gave them a wide berth.
You would not believe the amount of goose poop on the asphalt today.  You'd think an entire flock of geese had partied on the tarmac all night, there was so much of it.  Today's heavy rain will no doubt flush most of that away.  I was able to get a little closer tonight, taking this picture as I juggled my iPhone and my umbrella!
No sign of a nest yet and no sign yet of the one legged goose I have noticed in previous years but I'll keep watching.

Day 17/100 - #100dayproject

No comments: