Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Renovations Begin

Little bit of excitement here in my apartment building today, as the hallway renovations begin on my floor. They started pulling up the carpet at 8 a.m. this morning, much to the alarm of my furry companions, who immediately dashed under the bed, convinced the world was coming to an end.
When I left for work, the workmen were busy pulling off the edging strips.
By the time I got home tonight, the entire hallway was stripped of carpet.
Only the glue patterns remain.
Noises in the hall sound really loud now, there's nothing to muffle the sound any more.  

The cats are still a bit skittish.  Hopefully they'll adjust to the commotion, as I expect the project will take a while to be completed.  There's drywall to come (to cover that hideous wallpaper) and then paint and ultimately, new carpet.  Stay tuned!

No comments: