Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Church in Paris

My mom gifted me with this picture a few weeks ago when I was home to visit her.
She told me it used to hang in her parents' home although I don't remember seeing it there.  The writing at the bottom says "Paris Rue de la Montagne St. Genevieve".  It appears to be a framed print, rather than an original, but that doesn't take away from its charm.

When I Googled the words "St Genevieve church Paris", I discovered this picture of a church
which looks very much like the church in the drawing (which I found here on this Wikipedia page). Said church is known as Saint-Étienne-du-Mont.

I think I shall have to visit this church next time I am in Paris (which will be in about 6 weeks' time), just to say I have seen it.  I might even - can you imagine? - try to draw it!

No comments: