Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Stung Again

I'm busy downloading all of my photos from Mexico.  It's taking a while, since there are so many of them, both on my camera and on my iPhone.  I'm also a little weary since arriving home, partly due to post-vacation tiredness as well as the end of daylight savings time and partly due to a bug that most of us seemed to pick up while we were there. I've been fighting a sore throat for the past few days and feeling the need to go to bed early tonight, which I didn't do last night.

So for now, let me just mention that I watched the movie "The Sting" on the flight back from Houston to Toronto.  Do you remember this one? Who could forget Paul Newman and Robert Redford in their second buddy movie together, hot on the heels of the success of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". It came out in 1973.  I was just 11 or 12 at the time but I still remember seeing it back then and enjoying both the plot and the classic Scott Joplin piano tunes. I've seen it a few times in the years since but didn't remember all the details, so there were still some surprises in the plot when I watched it the other day.
I enjoyed the 1930's Depression era set designs and the performances of the various supporting actors. Mostly, I just sat and admired Redford and Newman, enjoying their obvious camaraderie, and tried to keep the drool off my chin as I gloried in their handsomeness.

No comments: