Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Island of Misfit Toys


In the spirit of the classic Rudolph Christmas animated show, I call this bracelet "The Bracelet of Misfit Beads". Some of them are a little bit misshapen, i.e. not quite perfectly round - in fact, some of them look more like a mushroom cap or muffin top than a round bead. One of them is a funny shade of yellow/orange compared to the others and one of the orange beads got a weird stripe in it (probably from overheating the glass). But they all work together very well, I think, and I made some really funky beads by stacking some of them on top of one another or with other beads (an idea I copied from Dwyn Tomlinson).

They're not perfect but I made them myself and they are not unloved. I like to think there are no bad beads, it's just that some of them are not quite ready for prime time. See for yourself:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they are beautiful. We are all a little wonky in our own way. Sharon