Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Faces Continue

Here are a few more of the faces I've been drawing recently in the "100 Faces in 100 Days" challenge that I started 46 days ago after taking a class with Dina Wakely at Bizzy B.

Day 35 - Nancy.  This is one of my favourites of all the faces I have drawn before.

Day 42 - Bruno the cat, drawn on a background I had created in this sketchbook several months ago.  Not based on any of my own felines, as I can't get them to sit still long enough to pose!

Day 43 - Pamela.  Bare outline of the face was traced from a printout of a face my friend Laura had found on the Internet.  Unfortunately, I don't have the name of the original artist but hopefully he or she knows imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Day 44 - Laura.  Same technique as described above.

Day 45 (yesterday) = Baby Zoe 9 (drawn from a photo I found on the Internet by Googling "sketch child").

I did miss one day last week, the day of the big storm when we got all that rain and the power went off and I didn't get home from work until 11 p.m.  I think I can be forgiven for totally forgetting that I needed to draw a face that day!  Although, as it happens, I did sketch this car as I was sitting by one of the exit doors in my building, acting as security until they could get the door chained shut (since the automatic locks didn't work with the power off).  I didn't know how to add the effect of the torrential downpour to the sketch though, so the car looks much drier than it actually was!

1 comment:

Taylor schapiro said...

I especially like the cat picture.