Saturday, July 20, 2013

Another Storm, Another Power Outage

Thunder, lightning, torrential rain, hail, high winds, tornado watches.  Trees uprooted, downed branches, sirens wailing, power outages.  Just another late day summer storm here in Toronto.  Yikes!

Stayed at work later than planned (not fun on a Friday night), to avoid driving in the heavy rain.  Left the office at 6:30 p.m. during a break in the weather. Headed home, only to find the power was out there.  Ran some errands, filled up my gas tank (which was already running on fumes), had dinner out and then went home again.  When I said last week that I really should climb those 14 flights more often, apparently Mother Nature took me seriously and decided I should do it at least once a week.   Seemed more challenging this week than it did before!

Pretty clouds and a rainbow or two after the worst was over.





The power came back on just before 10 p.m., just as I was settling into bed.  Fell asleep to the sound of my air conditioner trying to make up for lost time!

1 comment:

Jane Perala said...

You certainly have had a bad time of it lately in Ontario.