Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Packing for Portugal

Only two more sleeps, I can't believe it is almost here, after months of waiting.  I've got to get busy and get packing.  After days of thinking I had plenty of time, the clock is ticking down and now I'm starting to worry I won't get everything done - isn't that always the way? 

I am knocking things off my "to do" list, making little piles of stuff here and there, loading new music onto my iPod for the plane (last time I flew to Europe, the movie selection on the plane was the worst imaginable and I couldn't sleep, listening to music was the only thing I could do, so I need to be sure to have some good tunes in my library).  Last load of laundry is done - even though I'm only taking a few of those pieces with me, I hate to come home to dirty laundry, I'll have a suitcase full as it is.

Not sure if the Air Canada strike will affect me or not. I'm flying with Continental Airlines on the way over, AC on the way back, but I do have to leave from Terminal 1, which is where the picketers are.  Then again, the strike might be over by Friday - the government says we can't afford an airline strike in this economy, there is talk of legislating them back to work as early as tomorrow.  Too bad they don't feel the same way about the mail, we're in a total lockdown/lockout situation as of midnight last night, no mail is moving at all.

I wish this was my suitcase, found this picture on europe-autos.com.

2 comments:

LP Vintage said...

Have the greatest trip ever, Cynthia!! Wish I was going too ! I will be watching here on your blog for all the details.

Jo-Ann said...

Hope you have a fabulous time!!!