Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Awesome People Hanging Out Together

The cats woke me up this morning just before 5 a.m., all playing and chasing each other.  Back and forth across my body as I lay in bed.  Sigh.  Sure, I want them all to get along but do they have to do it that early in the morning??

I figured I wasn't going to get back to sleep so I might as well get up and getting doing one or several of the things on my somewhat lengthy "to do" list (only 3 more sleeps until I leave for Portugal!).  But did I? No.  Instead, I turned on my computer, checked my email and then headed over to my friend Kate McKinnon's blog to check out her latest posting. Thirty minutes later...

Turns out she had posted a link to this website of photographs of Awesome People Hanging Out Together and I have to say, it's a pretty cool collection of images, it's worth the time to go through it and savour each of them.  Not everyone on it is awesome, in my humble opinion (Gary Coleman? Rodney Dangerfield? PeeWee Herman? puhleese), and a few I had never even heard of, but it is a rather unusual gathering of personalities.  I found myself wondering several times how the individuals in the photo ended up being in the same room together.  Like Shaquille O'Neal and Dr. Ruth.  Now there's a combination!  But why is he wearing a raccoon coat and hat??

I'm guessing this photo of Pierre Elliot Trudeau (former Canadian Prime Minister) with John and Yoko was taken either just before or just after they staged their famous "bed in" in Montreal in 1969 to promote world peace.

I think my personal favourite (it's hard to pick just one) would have to be this one of Clark Gable, Van Heflin (who?), Gary Cooper and Jimmy Stewart all dressed up in tuxedos. I simply can't resist a handsome man in a penguin suit.  They look like they're having a good time.  Gary Cooper kind of looks like he's going to snort champagne out of his nose, he is so amused.

Speaking of Kate, she's in the middle of a web sale - you might want to cruise on over to her shop and see what is available and keep watching that space for the next several days.  You can get yourself something pretty awesome to hang out with, like this particularly stunning "Bird on a Branch" necklace:

No comments: