Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Seeking the Flow

It has been one of those days when things just haven't come together quite as they normally do, when the flow seems to be somehow impeded.  It's not that anything has gone terribly wrong, it's just hasn't been quite right.

It's the 6th anniversary of my dad's death today. I scanned a photo to post here and according to the printer, the scan was successful but when I insert the photo card, nothing comes up.

Two different people, each of whom were interested in two different pairs of the Royal Favourites kittens, changed their minds and decided not to proceed with the adoptions.  Who could not be interested in my darling little foster cats?? It simply does not make sense to me.

I spent all day today working on one document at work and still didn't get it finished.

It started raining this afternoon just as I was leaving the office and turned into ice pellets, which added up to slush on the windshield.  Hello, spring, where the heck are you??

It was a day of not quite frustration but no real successes either.  Until just now, when I looked up from my laptop to see this:
Katrina (top right corner of the photo), out from the bedroom where she has been hanging out the past few days to avoid the kitten invasion, sitting on the couch watching the kittens play.  Surely this counts as positive progress!

And suddenly, my photo card works and here is the picture of my dad.  Not sure what age he is in this picture but he sure is cute.  Do you ever wish you could go back in time and meet your parents when they were younger?  I'm convinced I would have liked this kid, I sure did love the man he grew up to be.

2 comments:

Trinisunshine said...

I'm happy that things turned out well in the end Cynthia. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

LP Vintage said...

I'm happy too that things turned out for you, Cynthia!

That is a really cute photo of your dad.

I love that Katrina came out to watch the kittens.