Saturday, April 23, 2011

On Vacation!

I'm officially on vacation as of today, headed to Virginia to spend a few days visiting with my friend Heather and her family before she and I head to Art & Soul Hampton for five days of art classes.  I'm looking forward to seeing Dawn again, one of my co-conspirators from our wonderful trip to France last fall, and her friend Baba, whom I met at a workshop with Kate McKinnon in Tucson two years ago, as well as some of the delightful ladies I met at ArtBLISS last month. 

I've scheduled some blog posts to appear while I'm gone because I'm going to leave my laptop at home. I feel like I've spent wayyy too much time in front of the computer over the past few weeks at work and I need a break.  Plus I'm going to be too busy playing with my new camera, making art and seeing the sights with Heather to be logging in.

Be good while I'm gone!

P.S.  Everything went smoothly with the kittens this morning.  Barbara and Alice went together to their forever home with a lovely young lady (who arrived with her equally charming mother), whom I'm sure will be a wonderful "mom" to these little fur babies.  Lillie and Buckingham have gone to stay with another Abbey Cats foster mom, in the hopes that they will be adopted this week while I'm away.  If not, I shall beg to have them come back to stay with me once I get home!  Katrina's cat sitter came to pick up the keys and get the lay of the land, I know she will be in good hands when I'm gone.  The place seems very quiet now, I'm glad I'm about to get on a plane, it would be hard to hang out here without four little balls of kittenfire energy.

No comments: