Sunday, April 3, 2011

Corsage Project Night at Beadfx

I've been delayed in telling you about my evening at Beadfx last Wednesday night.  I went over to help out by making some jewellery for The Corsage Project, as well as drop my donation of jewellery, shoes and purses.  It was the last night of several they have hosted at the store, so things were a bit quiet but they have assembled a huge assortment of fabulous jewellery pieces made by customers and store staff for the girls, as you can see:

Here are the two delightful women I hung out with that night:

Vanessa Seneriches, one of the Corsage Project organizers, who uses "inspire.engage.connect" as the slogan for her website, The Love Collage and Miss Stephanie Dixon, a.k.a. The Dixon Chick.

Vanessa was a prolific earring maker that night, she made about 15 pairs of earrings in the 2 hours we were there, as you can see from the photo below. I only made 3!

My favourite are the lemon drops she made, in the middle of the photo, which give new meaning to the saying, "when life gives you lemons..." - don't make lemonade, make earrings with them!

I might have been slow compared to Vanessa but I did get to spend some time teaching a sweet young girl named Gabrielle how to put a bead on a jump ring and creating a dangling earring design with that simple start, that was a lot of fun.  Her mom and aunt might be sorry they brought her into the store that night, I think we've got a new recruit to the world of beading.  She might be under 10 but she's keen to learn more!

No comments: