Thursday, April 21, 2011

Running Out of Time

I'm off on vacation on Saturday but first I've got to pack, spend Good Friday with family and friends and most importantly, make arrangements for the kittens (two hopefully to be adopted early Sat morning, two to be moved to a different foster home before I go) and Katrina (cat sitter arranged, coming over Sat morning to get keys and instructions).

I am sad at the thought of breaking up our little family, at the idea that these 4 little kittens won't be together much longer and that they won't be here with me.  But that is life, I suppose, we grow up and life changes but we adjust and find joy in our new circumstances.  Certainly that is the nature of fostering, that they will only stay with me for a short time before being adopted. For Barbara and Alice, they will be off to a new home with someone who will adore them (how could she not?) in just a couple of days.  I spoke to the potential adopter on the phone tonight, she sounds like a lovely person and she is most excited to bring these two into her life.  Hopefully it is just a matter of time before Buckingham and Lillie find their new family. 
A Family Portrait

I'm happy that these little fur babies will soon have forever homes, but I sure am going to miss them.

2 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

what a FABULOUS family portrait!

LP Vintage said...

You did it! You got a great family portrait - love it!