Monday, April 4, 2011

The DeClutter Project Report - Week 14

I can't believe I have been at this for 14 weeks already.  Wow.  On the one hand, I am amazed at how much I have accomplished and on other hand, I'm wondering why I am not farther along.  I shall just have to keep plugging along, although I must admit, even as recently as this morning, I found myself thinking, why do I bother?  It'll get done one of these days, I don't have to work on it every weekend, it'll get done in its own time.

Nope, no way, no how.  There lies trouble.  Must...keep...going.  So, as much as I just wanted to hang out with kittens all weekend, I did spend some time decluttering an entire Rubbermaid file storage box worth of files and shredding up the contents thereof.  Man, shredding takes a lot of time.  Sure, you end up with lots of paper to be recycled but it seems like a lot of work for just one box full of files.  Still, it is definitely progress.  And considering that those files contained paperwork from 1998 to 2004, it definitely need to be done, there was just no good reason to hang onto all that stuff any longer.

While I worked, the kittens played on the pile of boxes in the corner (some of which are empty, do not be alarmed!), looked out the window

 and napped.

Are they not the cutest little things??

No comments: