Monday, October 1, 2012

The Cabinet of Many Drawers


I am enthralled by cabinets that have many drawers. I would like to have one but I have yet to find one that I can afford, or that hasn't already been bought.  Of course, I don't know where I would put it and I'm sure I'd lose things in the drawers but still, I am drawn to them for some reason.

There were many examples at the outdoor antique show the other day, like this pretty blue one from the Maritimes ($250).

Sometimes they are portable, like this wooden tool box.

As the sign says, I was too late for this solid oak beauty but wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway - it had just been sold for a whopping $1200!  The drawers had those little holes in the bottom for poking your finger underneath to lift up the papers inside, the young dealer who had sold it didn't know what the holes were for and was grateful to me for explaining them to him.

This industrial version was still available but was heavy as could be and had a price tag of $650.

This is the one that belongs to the tag posted above.

Alas, although I coveted them all, I came home with none.


No comments: