Friday, November 25, 2011

Florida Bound

I'm off to Florida today with two of my art journaling buddies, Lorraine and Diane.  This photo was taken a few weeks ago when we met for dinner for a final in-person discussion about our trip.  We've been planning this trip for a few months now, ever since they very kindly offered to go travelling with me for my birthday.

We fly into Jacksonville, via Charlotte, North Carolina.  Then we are renting a car and driving to St. Augustine, where we've rented a house for the week.  I'm taking my laptop so I'll be able to update my blog with live reports on a regular basis.

I am all packed and ready to go. Of course, it wasn't easy.  First I had to convince Maggie to let me put things into my suitcase.

(Isn't she cute? She is so smart, she knows the flash is going to be bright so she always closes her eyes whenever I point the camera in her direction.)

Once I had access to my suitcase, I had to decide what to pack.  That wasn't easy either, the forecast is supposed to range a full twenty degrees in temperature while we're there - whaaat????  Oh well, even 55 degrees F is still warmer than it will be in Toronto.  Maybe.

No comments: