Saturday, October 22, 2011

Thou Shalt Not Covet...

...thy neighbour's laundry hamper.  But I did.  Oh, I did.

For those of my married friends who sometimes imagine they'd like to be single again, you probably don't want to hear that I'm spending the first part of my Saturday evening doing laundry.  Let's just pretend I'm going dancing at a club later, shall we?

When I went down to get the last load out of the dryer, someone had left their laundry cart tucked into the corner of the room. It looked like this:
(only it had black bags instead of beige).  OMG, talk about a deluxe laundry cart! Three bags, so you can sort into hot, cold or warm wash loads easily.  Wheels so you can take it up and down in the elevator, no problem.  Metal handles so you can lift the individual bags in and out.  Ah, heaven!

I was overcome by the urge to own one of these carts, immediately imagining in my mind's eye whether or not it would fit in my closet (I'm sure it would and if it didn't, I'd make room).  It occurred to me that one shouldn't leave a cart of this calibre just sitting unattended in an empty laundry room, anyone could just walk away with it.  I could have just walked away with it!  But just in the nick of time, I remembered that I'm not that kind of girl and I put those thoughts of petty larceny behind me.

I did the next best thing. I picked up my now hopelessly inadequate-seeming plastic laundry basket full of warm, clean clothes and rushed upstairs to search for this magical cart online.  Only to discover that not only does it have wheels and three hanging canvas bags, it has a bar that raises and lowers so you can put hanging items on it!

I will not steal. I will not steal. I will not steal.

No comments: