Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

I may be one of the few people on this continent not watching the big football game today and I'm okay with that. 

The day has flown by and I don't have a lot to show for it. No, that's not quite right.  It has been one of those days where I can't seem to focus on anything for long enough to actually finish a major task.  Except for the laundry, got that done, after starting it yesterday and only doing one load when I found out how busy the laundry room was, I finished two more loads today.  Found myself wondering how one person could generate so much laundry then I remembered that I only do it every 2 to 3 weeks, as it takes that long to fill up a basket. 

But for everything else, I've been starting and stopping things all day, picking up items and putting them down, moving things from one spot to another, tidying up one area and cluttering up another.  I've made progress but not actually finished anything, which feels like a bad thing because it wasn't finished.  I need to give myself credit for doing what I have done, even though I can't actually check anything off the list as being finally and totally done.  In football terms, I have moved the ball down the field and scored a few field goals but no touchdowns.  Nevertheless, I'm farther ahead than I was when I started the day and that's always a good thing, regardless of what it says on that non-existant scoreboard. 

I think I'll take the rest of the day off from doing chores and focus on filling in these black lines that I painted mid-afternoon on the brown craft paper that was covering my dining table from yesterday's art visit with Marilyn.

No comments: