Monday, February 28, 2011

The DeClutter Project Report - Week 9

I have to admit I didn't do too much in the way of decluttering this past weekend.  Or maybe I did, but just not in the "cross another task off my list" sort of way. It was more of a "did a bunch of little things in different areas that all add up to a tidier home" kind of weekend.

Remember this photo from a few weeks ago?

My biggest recent accomplishment in the decluttering department was to change the view in my office/guest bedroom.  Every day, when I walk into my apartment, I could see directly into this room and see that huge pile on the bed. I didn't like it.  When the kittenz arrived, I anticipated that they would eventually have the run of the apartment and so I quickly started to disperse this pile, in case any little furry being was tempted to climb all over this stuff and possibly do some injury to itself.  I certainly wouldn't want that.  Sadly, the kittenz didn't stay long enough to explore further than my bedroom but I kept tidying anyway and now the view looks like this:
I am amazed at how much better I feel about this mentally.  As you can see, there are still piles of paper on the bed and I'm okay with that.  I could do an instant clean-up and sweep them all into a box but hey, that's how I ended up with all those boxes of "miscellaneous paper" in the first place!!  Plus the piles are sorted, I don't want to have to organize them again.  I just need a little bit more time to get them put away where they belong.  I hope to finish off that job this week. 

2 comments:

Annette Gendler said...

The key is that every item has a place where it does belong! Keep up the good work!

dawn said...

I've been decluttering my work area too......or trying! It really makes my creative energy work much better to have things in their places.
Loved your pics of the kitties!