Saturday, July 31, 2010

Do Not Be Alarmed

I feel the need to warn you about something alarming but I don't want anyone to panic. I'm saddened to report that the female mullet appears to be alive and well and living somewhere in the Collingwood area. As evidence, I offer this photo that my friend Lyn took last weekend at the Elvis Festival.



We were sitting at a table, listening to Elvis tribute artists perform while enjoying the hot summer weather with a cool beverage (beer for the guys, something called a Blackfly for us girls, which is a cranberry vodka concoction that is not quite as sweet as some of the other choices out there), when suddenly Lyn grabbed my camera and took this photo. I'm glad she did because I couldn't see the woman from where I was sitting and wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the proof for myself.


The good news is, we didn't see anyone else sporting this hairstyle over the weekend so hopefully it isn't making a comeback on the fashion scene. Nor did we see this woman again, which is probably for the best, as I would have felt compelled to approach her and beg her to reconsider her choice of coiffure. Heaven only knows what she was thinking.

1 comment:

The Dixon Chick said...

Holy Crap! Thanks for the warning! You should be on the lookout for this when you are on Europe. Female mullets around the world. I see a new blog starting.....