Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Making Cards With Daniza

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned in this blog post that I was going to be taking a card making class at Bizzy B. I can't believe how the time has flown by since then but here are some pictures of the cards we made that night, as made by the very talented Daniza (the ones we made in class were virtually identical).

I enjoyed making all of them (and sent two of them out in the mail almost right away!) but I have to admit, the Christmas one is my favourite.  We used an embossing folder to create the raised words and a Sissix die to cut out the petals of the poinsettia flower.  We used dies on all but one of the cards, to cut the words "Happy Birthday" on one and the the turquoise dragonfly and circle shapes for the other.

There is another class tomorrow night and I am tempted, as she is going to be teaching how to use gelatos, which are "lipstick-size tubes of luscious, yummy, and creamy water-based colours".  I have a set of 24 colours and rarely use them, it might be helpful for me to know what to do with them!

No comments: