Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A DLP Canada Swap

You might remember me telling you about The Documented Life Project earlier this year in this blog post.  The group is going strong and all sorts of magical things are happening - online courses, in person workshops, gatherings of DLP members and creativity galore being shared in the Facebook group.

A lady by the name of Katarina Adams gathered together 9 Canadian members in 3 provinces (Alberts, British Columbia and Ontario) into our own little group on FB and suggested a swap.  She divided us into groups of three and gave us our instructions:  the first person was to send a background page that we want to use in our DLP journal to person #2, who is responsible for adding paint, texture and/or layers.  The page is then mailed to person #3 for them to add quotes, embellishments and/or final design details to the page before mailing it back to the original person, who can then add it into their DLP journal.

Here's the background page I sent off to a lady named Helmi in Alberta.  I was running a bit behind schedule in getting my page in the mail, so I decided to use a gelli print page I had on hand that I didn't otherwise know what to do with.
Front
Back
Today, I was super excited to get my page back from Christine in Alberta (who also happened to be my NLWM penpal this year, as revealed in this post).
Front
Back

I can't believe how pretty it is!  Helmi and Christine did such a great job turning my rather boring piece of background into a work of art. Thank you so much, ladies!

P.S. Christine also sent me Helmi's page for me to finish but I can't show you a picture of that just yet. First I need to add my magic to it and then send it off to Helmi. I want her to be the first to see it, then I can share it here.  I can tell you, it's pretty awesome already!!

No comments: