Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 1st



Oxygen was discovered on this day in 1774, did you know that?

It was the date of Anne Frank's last diary entry in 1944, she was arrested 3 days later.

In more recent history, it was exactly one year ago today when those badminton players were disqualified in the Olympics for not trying hard enough to win the game.  I had forgotten all about that until I read it on the list of things that happened on this day in history, which I found here.

For me, it wasn't an unusually significant day in the history of my life.  I did wake up early and have a workout before I headed off to work, which I've been thinking about doing for a while now. It seemed a good idea to do that today, the first day of a new month.  I find if I work out first thing in the morning, it's better for me because at that time of day, it's hard to make up excuses not to do it.  Other than the obvious one of rolling over and going back to sleep, of course!  But if I plan to work out at the end of the day, after work, there are many things that could keep me from doing that - having to work late, needing to go grocery shopping, dental appointments, social events, bad weather, you name it.  Somehow, at 6 a.m., none of that stuff gets in the way.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow, whether I am motivated to get up for the 2nd day in a row and do it again.

No comments: