Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow in the Forecast

They say we're going to get some snow tomorrow.  I hope it doesn't get too messy, because I've got to be out and about during the day doing a couple of things I am quite looking forward to, and I don't want the weather to interfere with my plans or slow me down.

First thing in the morning, I've got the first of nine weekly Zumba classes.  Do you know Zumba?  It's a dance/fitness program that features Latin-style music.  I'm really looking forward to it.  One of my goals for this year is to get into better shape and taking this class is just one of the ways I am working toward achieving that goal. 

Then in the afternoon, I'm heading to Bizzy B's Stamp and Scrap store.  A woman named Laura Havalin is teaching a free class about making art paper dolls.  You can read about her creations on Laura's blog.  Hint: if you don't like listening to the music as you read her blog, you can scroll down to the bottom to turn it off. :)

The snow sure is pretty though.  Here's a picture I took last weekend of the trees across the street from where I live.  I love the colour of these trees.  I'm not even sure how to describe it - rusty gold?  Bronze?  Everything else that afternoon looked very white and grey, except for the way these trees glowed in the little bit of sun that was peeking out from behind the clouds.  Beautiful.

No comments: