Friday, October 29, 2010

Soulfood

I've wanted to take a course taught by Juliana Coles (Juliana's website) ever since I met a woman who had taken a course from her when I was staying at the Hacienda Mosaico way back in January 2009.  Finally, my wish is coming true and I'm really looking forward to it.

The course description includes the following: "It’s going to be a smorgasbord of all things extreme: a little of this, a little of that. A dash of drawing, a cup of lettering, a layering of collage, some pickling of experimental mixed media surfaces, a tablespoon of writing, and a serious smatter of "reconciliation." This is rich food for the starving soul."

This picture is from Juliana's website (I hope she doesn't mind my reproducing it here) and is not from the course description for Soulfood but I like it because of its October/Hallowe'en theme:

No comments: