Sunday, January 10, 2010

TBS January

The January meeting of the Toronto Bead Society is being held tomorrow night. Don't freak out, I know it's a Monday and we usually meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month but apparently there were some scheduling conflicts, so tomorrow it is.

The guest speaker is Katherine Dunnell, who will be discussing the Gallery of Gems and Gold at the Royal Ontario Museum.

According to the Jan/Feb issue of the TBS newsletter, "nearly 600 beautiful and rare gems, gem crystals, jewellery and gold specimens are on display" in this newly opened area of the Museum. I have a feeling I'll need to be planning my next trip to the museum to see these items after tonight's talk! I took this photo of a giant hunk of amethyst last time I was there, isn't it beautiful?


No comments: