Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moneyball

Went to see this movie tonight.  I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt - I've always thought George Clooney was far and away the handsomer of the two...

Although I can see why people think Brad's good looking, of course.  Is it just me but didn't it seem like he didn't actually act much in his earlier movies?  Like "Legends in the Fall", did he even have any dialogue in that one?  But I am a big fan of baseball, which this movie is about, and a huge fan of Aaron Sorkin (The West Wing, Social Network), who was one of the screenwriters. 

My sister, who went to the movie with me, seemed to think Brad was looking pretty good in this film.  I personally thought he'd never looked worse throughout most of it but at the same time, the lack of the pretty meant you could focus more on his acting, and I thought he did a good job with this role.

Really enjoyed the movie, which is based on the true story of the 2002 season. I had never heard of Billy Beane, the general manager of the Oakland A's, before seeing this film nor do I ever pay much attention to that team if they're not in the playoffs against the Toronto Blue Jays (sadly, I remember them all too well from the 1989 American League Championship series, when they beat us 4 games to 1 and went on to win that fateful World Series that was interrupted by an earthquake).

Now I'm wishing baseball wasn't over for this year, I'm in the mood to watch a game or two!

1 comment: