Thursday, December 9, 2010

Today Was The Day

that I had to say goodbye to my darling Max.  When I got home from work, it was immediately apparent that he'd had a bad day and that it was time.  I phoned the vet and they just said, come in right away, and I did. They were wonderful and really helped to make this horrible process as easy as they could, for which I am most grateful.

I am also grateful for the many special moments Max and I had together these past few days since we got the cancer diagnosis last Saturday, they were both poignant and magical.  I am truly blessed to have had him in my life, he was extra special in a way that I don't think I'll ever be able to put into words but which will always resonate in my heart.

Here's a picture of Max and me together in happier times, this past April.

8 comments:

Jo-Ann said...

My thoughts are with you as you deal with the loss of this amazing furry member of your family.

Zoe Nelson said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It takes a strong heart to make a loving choice. I lost my beloved friend, Cinder, at the end of October. Then the strangest thing happened... read here: http://zoenelsonartwear.blogspot.com/2010/11/so-strange.html

Sharon said...

Oh Cynthia. I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to your loving Max my Friend. Thinking of you during this time.

Roberta Warshaw said...

I am so sorry Cynthia. My thoughts are with you.

Sue Henry said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Was was a tough decision but you know it was the best to prevent his suffering.

Karen Elmquist said...

I'm so sorry Cynthia. If only they could live forever.

d smith kaich jones said...

Cynthia - I am so, so sorry for your heartbreak & know no words help with that, but also know, from my own experience, words let you know people are out there and they care and in some way that does help. So I offer you, as i often say, a hand to hold across the internet, and a heart full of thoughts and prayers. Sweet Max - he is okay now, and he knows you are hurting and he would tell you it is okay, he is fine. I know this - I know this.

Take care and be extra kind to yourself - you need it right now.

xoxo
Debi

b.craft said...

So sorry you're going through this. that picture is beautiful of the two of you.