Saturday, December 11, 2010

Flowers and Tears

I slept in until just after 8 this morning, after going to bed close to midnight (which is quite late for me).  It was strange to be able to sleep so late and not have a cat waking me up with a noisy demand for his breakfast. 

I got up and went about getting ready for the day, as I was heading out to meet friends at 11 a.m., which meant I had to leave home by no later than 10:30.  I was moving at a slow and easy pace, had a shower, ate breakfast, checked my emails, got dressed and was just pulling on my final article of clothing when the phone rang.  It was a florist with a delivery, checking my apartment number.

It turned out to be a beautiful bouquet from the staff at my vet's office.  What a lovely idea.  Of course, as soon as I read the card, I burst into tears.  So I had my little cry and then had to repair my eye makeup and dash out the door to be on the way to meet up with my friends.  But that's okay, it was a very kind gesture and well worth the tears.

2 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

They are beautiful. That was so sweet of them.

kate mckinnon said...

I am so sorry that you've lost Max.

He was a beautiful, loving, soft, wonderful boy and I'm glad I got to meet him. My heart goes out to you.

Love,
Kate