Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Inspired by The Dixon Chick

My dear friend Stephanie (a.k.a. The Dixon Chick) posted this photo of her cleared off dining room table earlier today on Facebook:
Photo courtesy of Stephanie Dixon
I was so inspired, I decided to see if I could do the same. 

It took me several hours to complete, as I tend to get easily distracted when I clean, especially if I'd rather be doing something else.  I call it "procrastination in motion" - where you start off doing one thing, like clearing off a table (which has been covered with craft and bead supplies for literally MONTHS! as this is my major work space), but then end up doing other things along the way to completing the first task you started.  Such as, I had some loose bits of ribbon on the table which I collected together but then I realized I needed a box to put them in and once I'd found a suitable box, it needed a label, so I went in to my office and while I was pulling out the label maker, I noticed a receipt that I needed to jot down to help balance my chequebook and so on and so on...

Nevertheless, I persevered and eventually, the table was clear.  Yes, Virginia, miracles do happen at Christmas time, as Stephanie and I can attest!

As you can see, the areas behind the table and especially the bookcases are not so tidy but that is a project for another day.  Stay tuned later this week, when I shall tell you my plans for cleaning up these other areas - I've got a special project planned to do just that in 2011 that starts this Friday!

As for the dining room table, as Stephanie herself said, "take a good, long look. You may never see this in your lifetime again." :)

1 comment:

coolmoon said...

The cleaning bug must have hit more than one beader this week. I spent the entire day clearing old paperwork, junk advertising, MOUNDS of ziplock baggies, and other stuff from the drawers, boxes, shelves, and baskets in my bead shop. Ahhhh....
Now to finish organizing my HOME studio....