Friday, June 26, 2009

Jewellery for the Beach

The fact that we have had five days in a row now of warm, sunny weather, coupled with the fact that the month of July is only days away, makes me think/hope that summer has finally arrived. This week's mugginess also makes me long for the beach, to dip my toes in and perhaps even submerse myself in the cool, fresh water of a tranquil sea or lake, and most especially, to do a little beachcombing for seashells and polished sea glass and rocks with which to fill my pockets.

If you happen to be asking yourself, what kind of jewellery could I wear to the beach?, I must share with you these absolutely fabulous earrings I bought at the Bead and Button show. Funnily enough, I had to go all the way to Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the good old U.S. of A. to find this Canadian artist but I am convinced it was worth the trip.

May I present to you, these amazing earrings from the Pacific Shores collection designed and made by Stephanie Ann, who hails from British Columbia.


I've included a close-up of the bead, because as far as I am concerned, it has to be seen to be believed. The blue for the water, the layers and colours of the sand, the murrini for the seashell, the wave detail - the perfection of this design simply blows me away!! The dangling sand dollar charms are the final, perfect detail, definitely the icing on this most charming confection.



Of course, I wouldn't actually wear these earrings to the beach or in the water as I would be devastated if I were to lose one or both. Although anyone finding them would surely think they had won the beachcombing lottery, don't you think?!

Here's the link for Stephanie's website:

1 comment:

Sharon said...

They are so beautiful!