Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Productive Day

It's been a very productive day so far. I've been busy making jewellery for the spring show my cousin Catherine is hosting at her home next Sunday afternoon (email me for details if you'd like to attend, all are welcome! Lots of great ideas for Mother's Day gifts!!) I'll be posting photos over the next few days so you can see what I've been doing. Starting with this bracelet:


It was lovely and warm today, I tidied up my balcony (including vacumming the outdoor carpet, which seemed to confuse my cat Max, who couldn't understand why I was taking the scary noisy machine that sucks up bits of cat litter outside to use), set up a card table out there and did some of my beadwork while enjoying the balmy weather. Although it was a bit difficult to keep some of my bits and pieces in place, as the wind was really blowing about. Shortly afterwards, we had a terrific thunderstorm with sheets of rain blowing madly about and the power went off and on a few times before things settled down again.

I took advantage of the early dark to take a short nap - creating can be a very tiring process, mostly because when you do try to sleep, your brain is still busy churning out ideas and then it wakes you up early to get started, even though your eyes are burning and your body is still wanting to lie down. I suppose these are the sacrifices one must make for one's craft.

No comments: