Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Hour Torching

It feels really late, probably because I am so tired. I just got home from the new Thursday night "Happy Hour Torching" at Beadfx. For the next little while, they are offering one hour of free torching on Thursday nights for one hour of paid torch time. That's 2 hours for the price of 1, which seems like a good deal to me.

Although I wasn't really in the mood to make beads tonight. My brain felt all scrambled before I even left home (still worrying about my sick cat, which seems to be very distracting, as if part of my brain is always focused on that issue so that nothing else gets my full attention) and then traffic was rather unpleasant driving to the store, so I was late arriving and didn't actually start making beads until about 7:30 p.m. (which means for me, it was really only 1.5 hours for the price of 1 but that's okay, that was plenty!)

Driving home was equally bad. Some yahoo in front of me turned into oncoming traffic instead of the proper lane to access the highway, which I found to be quite alarming, I don't know what he thought he was doing. Luckily, he was able to drive onto the shoulder and get out of the way of oncoming traffic but geez, scary stuff for me and the person driving towards him in the meantime.

Then it seems we are now back in the season of highway construction which apparently means unannounced road closures, which meant both the exits off the highway I would normally take to get home were closed, traffic was slow and snarled while everyone tried to figure out the new lane closures and I ended up driving miles out of my way just to turn around and head back in the opposite direction. I had a really strong feeling of "I just want to go home!" and was almost in tears by the end of it, a sure sign I'm overtired and needing a little less stress in my life.


Okay, that's my rant for tonight, had to get it out of my system before I go to bed. In closing, I will leave you with a photo of my new favourite t-shirt slogan, which I found on the Internet today - it gave me a good laugh!





No comments: