Saturday, April 18, 2009

Looking for inspiration?

I woke up this morning ready to make some jewellery. I knew my darling Carly was coming home from the vet's today and her condition is much improved, so my brain had decided it was okay to move on from worrying to creating ideas for my "summer collection".

But there are those days when your creative juices just aren't flowing and you could use a little help. There are various sources on the Web for ideas - sometimes I just Google the name of a beading technique to see what comes up. Another idea is to check out the websites of the various beading magazines, one of which is http://www.beadingdaily.com. I get their newsletter via email - guess how often? You got it, daily!! They have a lot of free projects available to download from their site and not just the ones they feature in the newsletters.

I also like to check out the suggestions on the Beadfx Inspirations page. As you may know from reading this blog, I am honoured to have three of my own designs posted there, but there are many others shown, designed by the Beadfx staff.

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine from work asked me to make a bracelet for her that she had seen there. The bracelet was designed by Dwyn Tomlinson and is called "Copper Cafe". It's made with three different shades of Swarovski crystals - Mocca, Crystal Copper and Crystal Golden Shadow. The picture doesn't really do it justice - it is so sparkly in person, I'm tempted to make one for myself!!



Here's the link to the instructions:
http://www.beadfx.com/inspirations/inspirations.php?id=196


So if you're stuck for ideas and your muse is taking a break, go online and have a look around - you'll be amazed what you might find!

No comments: