Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labour Day 2015

I had a frustrating couple of hours yesterday afternoon, trying to get a newly purchased external hard drive to back up the photos on my computer. It would start the program and then stall out at a mere 3% completed.  Finally ran out of patience and decided I would take myself out to dinner. Ended up at a Wendy's near the airport and was surprised to find at least 30 people out in front of this location, some standing, some sitting in lawn chairs, watching the planes land.  I have eaten at this restaurant now and then during the week and knew the planes flew in directly over the parking lot as they came in to land on the runway across the road but I had no idea that crowds gathered on warm, summer weekend evenings to watch them!

I sat inside and watched the planes pass by the window while I ate. Air Canada, Icelandair, Westjet, Cathay Pacific - quite a variety from who knows what exotic locations, arriving every five minutes or so.  In between, other planes were taking off from the same runway, slowly taxiing into position while we watched.

Afterwards, I joined those standing about their cars in the parking lot and waited for the next plane.
Snapped this photo with my iPhone.
Might need to go back some day with my camera and see if I can get a better shot.  But first, I'm going to have to figure out how to get my photos backed up!

No comments: