Monday, April 10, 2017

Watercolour Resist with Heather Telford

I took a cardmaking class taught by Heather Telford on the weekend (if you click on her name, you can visit her blog, which is filled with beautiful cards she has designed using Penny Black stamps). The cards we made utilized a technique called watercolour resist, where the stamped images are embossed and repel the paint that is brushed over it but the paint adheres to the paper surrounding the stamped image,  The results were quite pretty:

This one was my favourite, as we carefully painted in the flowers, leaves and background:
My friends Maria and Cheryl took the class with me. Here we are, holding our finished creations.
The class was a bit of a reunion as several of my friends from Bizzy B days also attended.  Of course, we had to have a photo op!
We had originally met Heather a few years ago when she came to teach at Bizzy B (a fabulous scrapbooking store that is now closed, much to our mutual dismay).  My friend Janine and I spent a weekend in Ottawa last November and took one of her classes there but decided it would be a good idea to get her to come to Toronto again.  Here's a picture of Janine, Heather and I together:

The class took place in the basement of St. Martin-in-the-Fields church, which is located very near to the Keele subway station.
We all had such fun, we're hoping Heather will come back again very soon to do another class!

Day 7/100 - #100dayproject

No comments: