Wednesday, May 28, 2014

How Did I Miss That?

Do you ever have one of those experiences where you realize that you hadn't really been seeing something that you look at every day?  For me, it's usually a freckle on my face - suddenly one day, I'll notice one and think, "Hey, where did that freckle come from?" Then I ask someone, "How long have I had this freckle?" and they say, "It's been there for years!"

This time, it was my Tim Holtz design ruler.  I was reading one of his blog posts and one of the steps was to poke evenly spaced holes with a sharp tool using the holes in the ruler. I actually thought to myself, "Gee, I must have an earlier version of that ruler. Too bad mine doesn't have those holes."

(Hand slaps forehead) Silly me, of course my ruler has those holes. Honestly, I had never noticed them before!!
Of course, now I see them every time I look at the ruler.  Crazy.

Just to be sure I'm not missing anything else about this ruler I should have noticed by now, I'm going to watch this video very carefully!!

No comments: