Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Flock of Bird Tags

Diana Trout posted a video on her blog yesterday about doodling paisley birds - click here to watch it (don't worry, it's only 2:40 minutes long).  I had some free time today and I was in the mood to make something but didn't want to start anything too time consuming, so this project fit the bill perfectly.

First I painted a batch of tags after watching this video by Dina Wakley (whose video is a bit longer, just over 10 minutes, and is also bird themed):
and used one of them to make a bird. In this case, because the tag was rather heavily decorated, I thought a text paper bird would suit it best.
Then I went back and watched Diana's video again and decided I wanted to make some tags with a lighter, more watercolour look to them, so I stamped a few different colours of Distress Ink on my craft sheet, sprayed it with water and smeared several clean tags through the wet ink. Voila!
Then I cut some birds from patterned scrapbook paper and added them to the tags.
For this last tag, I used a Donna Downey bird stamp and Black Soot Distress Ink, then sprayed the image with water afterwards to soften the edges a bit.
Such a fun, easy project.   Thanks for the inspiration, Diana and Dina!

No comments: