Friday, November 2, 2012

Playing With Dad

If he were still alive, my dad would be 77 years old today.  Of course I'm thinking about him today, so I thought I'd make some art using this photo I have of him as a kid, playing hockey on an ice rink in the backyard of the house where he grew up.

I had painted the background of this page yesterday.  I cut out the body shape from a photocopy of the photo and used the leftover bit as a mask to paint in the outline on the right, then added some letters with a Dylusions stencil and their black spray ink, making sure the letter "W" was positioned just so, to match the "W" on the hockey sweater.

Then I took the rest of the photo image that I had used to paint the green outline and glued it onto a 2nd journal page and added paint and stenciling to the page.

Niether journal page is completely finished, more playing to come later!

Note to self:  remember to empty the dirty dishes out of the sink before washing the ink off the stencil!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely tribute to your dad.