Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Seasonal Canvas

The second class I took with Nathalie Kalbach at Bizzy B this past Saturday was called "Season Canvas".  We made a multi-textured piece after choosing one of the four seasons as our subject.  Nathalie had two samples, summer and fall. 
Nathalie Kalback
I had decided in advance that I wanted to do winter, since that season is just about upon us, but I wasn't sure I wanted the word "winter" on mine so when Nathalie suggested we could use other words, I decided to go with the word "believe".  As in, I believe spring will eventually come around again (I'm going to need to hang onto this thought!).
My finished canvas
We layered many different things on our canvas but here is the most unusual object, that I would not have thought of on my own:

Yup, that's right - egg shells!  Here's the proof on Nathalie's picture:

Here's the whole class with our finished (or in my case, almost finished) creations:
Back row (L to R): Vicki, me, Laura, Nathalie, Kelly, Chloe, Marg and Diane
Front row (L to R): Brenda and Carol
This class was a lot messier than the altered book class in the morning and by this time, we were getting into the groove and getting a little sillier, so there were more shenanigans:
Laura using not 1 but 2 heat guns!
and more laughter.

All in all, it was a lot of fun and everyone was excited about what they made, which is always the best way to end any class!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eggshells? Wow.

Miss Heidi said...

way to much fun, those are really great

Nathalie Kalbach said...

LOL- I am still laughing about Lauries two heating tool act ;) It was so much fun with you girls- and I love your canvas so much! Thanks for sharing!!! Nat